Skip to content
Uses Of Aldehydes and Ketones Preparation and Properties.
- Meta acetaldehyde used as solid fuels in spirit lamps.
- Used as smelling purpose in olfactory diseases.
- Acetaldehyde ammonia is used for manufacturing of rubber.
- They are used in manfacture of plastics.
- They are used as a solvent, starting material and reagent for many other organic compounds.
40% solution of formaldehyde which is termed as formaline is used for the preservation of biological specimen.
- To prepare bakelite, urea formaldehyde, glues and other polymeric products.
- Benzaldehyde is used in perfumes and dyes industries.
Uses of Ketones
- It is used in the preparation of chloroform in the laboratory.
- Acetone is used in the preparation of artificial perfumes named as Irone and synthetic rubber.
- Used as solvent for dissolving varnish, cellulose, callodion, Rayon etc.
- In commercially preparation of acetic anhydride.
- For the preparation of sulphonal, chioretone, Brometone, chloroform. lodoform and medicines.
- Acetophenone, vanillin, Camphor ete are used for their pleasent smell and smooth effect.