Carbon Tetrachloride Preparation and Properties
Methods of Preparation :
Physical Properties of Carbon Tetrachioride
→ Carbon tetrachioride is a clourless liquid with sweet smell. It is volatile liquide. It is insoluble in water but is souhle in ether and alcohol. It is an inflammable liquid therefore it is used as fire extinguishere under the name pyrene.
Chemical Properties of Carbon Tetrachioride
→ Important chemical reactions are as follows:
Uses of Carbon Tetrachioride
- It is used as a fire extinguisher under the name pyrene.
- It is used in dry cleaning.
- It is used for the manufacture of freon and salicylic acid.
- It is used as a solvent.
- It is used in the form of insecticide.
- It is used in the form of laboratory reagent.