Nomenclature of Cyanide and Isocyanide Preparation and Properties
Nomenclature of cyanide is done by three types:
- In the form of alkyl cyanide.
Example : CH3CN—methyl cyanide.
- By removing ‘—ic acid’ of acid and placing nitrile’ in place of it.
Example : CH3CN—Acetonitri1e.
- in IUPAC it is written in the form of alkanenitrile.
Example : CH3CN—Ethanenitrile.
Some example of Cyanide
Nomenclature of isocyanide is done by following way:
- In the form of alkylisocyanide.
Example : CH3NC—Methyl isocyanide
- By removing ‘—ic acid’ from acid and placing isonitrile’ in place of it.
Example : CH3NC—Acetoisontrile.
- In JUPAC it is written in the form of alkyl carbylamine.
Example : CH3NC—Methyl carbylamine.
Some examples of Isocyanide